Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Timeless Treasures - Steampunk Theme Fabrics

I am often asked where I find the fabric for my creations, especially the clockwork/ train theme fabric. As an avid sewer I have a several stores I shop at both brick and morter and online to find the fabric.

The thing to remember is that fabric runs on a season just like clothing and what you see now may not be available next month or next year. My rule is if I love it I buy some of it even if it is only quarter yard. (That is why my house is over flowing with fabric) If I am out shopping I take a picture of the info at the top of the bolt so that I know the designer and pattern name if I want to buy more later.

Much of my fabric is quilting quality fabric as it is a better quality and comes in a huge variety. This also means that they are cotton and run $9-$11 a yard.

Within the quilting/cotton fabric collections one of my favorite designer is Timeless Treasures. Over the past 18 months they have had several patterns that have a steampunk aesthetic.  Check thier website for stores near you that sell the fabric, if you are going to buy a larger quantity your local quilt store might give you a discount that online stores don't have.

My favorite designs by Timeless Treasure include:





















That is all I have to show you today but I will continue to post more fabric options. If you know of a great steampunk fabric please post it in the comments!







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I had never heard of Timeless Treasures before and I'm enjoying looking at their website. I have purchased steampunk themed fabric from Spoonflower before. It's not cheap, but it is nice fabric in designs not found anywhere else. http://www.spoonflower.com/shop?featured_tag=steampunk&view=designs

    ReplyDelete